Has anyone else noticed that many (if not most) people seem to be able to respond to only one question in an email? Husband and I have noticed this in our correspondence to people for work, school, and pretty much everything else. We've even tried to number our questions in emails, but more often than not, we just get an answer to one (or two at best).
Husband and I have devised a solution to this anti-answering epidemic (or is it a phobia?). Please note that we haven't tested this solution in clinical trials as of yet, so practice it at your own risk. What follows is a sample email, with three questions being represented as A, B, and C:
Dear Mr. So-and-so,
In this email, I will ask you three questions: one about [A], one about [B], and one about [C].
1. [A]?
2. [B]?
3. [C]?
To summarize, this email asked you about [A], [B], and [C].
In conclusion, thank you in advance for your time in addressing my questions about [A], [B], and [C].
I look forward to hearing your response regarding [A], [B], and [C].
Sincerely,
Me
P.S. - In case any of the above was unclear, I asked you three questions. They were about [A], [B], and [C].
Whaddaya think? :)
1 comment:
I always copy my emails so I can remember everything they asked (pasting their email at the bottom). But it's true, and highly annoying.
Post a Comment